Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trouble with cars...

Brett and I are not having very good luck right now. We bought a "new"car a few weeks ago. Its a ninety- something Nissan Altima. When the car was at the former owner's house it worked perfectly fine. But as soon as it was ours, it started having problems. We went to Ammon to buy the car, and then went to dinner at Olive Garden right after. Well, in the parking lot, after dinner the car had trouble starting. I thought, okay, its sitting on a decline, its low on gas, so it must not be getting enough gas to start. After a minute or so we got it started, filled it with gas and got it home.

The next day, when Brett went to get it registered, the car wouldn't start. First thing he checked was the battery and all the cables. Check: operational. Next, he checked the starter. Ah ha, found the possible problem. As it turns out, the starter on this car, is in a location where it is nearly impossible to reach without some effort and a possibly a hydraulic lift. So Brett's solution was to put in a push button start, and circumvent the starter.

So for the last couple of weeks, Brett has been fiddling and fussing, and trying to fix it himself. But, unfortunately, the push button start didn't work. The car still won't start. I think we have hit the point where we need to take it to a mechanic.

I love my husband. But there are times that I wonder about whether or not he was meant to be a band teacher or if he should have pursued an education and career as a mechanic instead.

Or maybe someday he could be both. Who knows.

But for the moment, we have a broken car that needs some attention from a higher trained professional than my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment