Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sick day...

So last week was kind of rough. I caught the nasty bug that's been making the circuit through the schools, and so I stayed home sick from subbing on Tuesday to recover. I probably should have stayed home on Monday, but Brett accepted the job for me that morning before I had determined that I didn't feel well. My wonderful husband answers my phone for me in the morning because I can't see and both of our phones sit on his side of the bed. So he accepted the job for me and we went back to sleep for a few more minutes. Well, when I got up to go the bathroom, I did not feel very good. You know when you sit up and then you want to lay back down because you don't feel well, yeah that was me. I didn't feel nauseous or anything like that, but my head felt like a ton of bricks, my throat was sore and all I wanted to do was lay back down and stay there. But I felt obligated to go to work because I had already accepted the job, and how bad would that be to accept a job then 20 mins later cancel it. So I got up, got dressed and went to sub anyway. While I got dressed I felt a little better; my head and throat ached, but I felt well enough to go.

Ironically enough, the teacher I was subbing for had the same symptoms that I did. I made it through the morning, but I began feeling worse as the day went on. Thankfully it was for elementary school and I was done relatively early in the day. By the time I got home, I was exhausted and I knew that I had a fever. So I laid down on the couch and stayed there the rest of the night. I didn't even go to my belly dance class, and I never miss that class. I have missed only two or three classes in the entire time that I have been dancing with them. By Tuesday I felt better, but I still stayed home anyway and got some much needed rest.

Sadly, getting sick threw off my entire work out schedule, and I didn't feel motivated to go at all last week. Next week though I'm going to go at least 2-3 times more to make up for lost time.

No comments:

Post a Comment