So about a week ago I ordered some Bengal Tiger fabric for work, and it arrived yesterday morning. I immediately got to work on building the new jumpsuit after a quick run to JoAnn's to buy white fur for the belly. I had ordered some white fur online, but I couldn't wait. The Homecoming parade for ISU is next Saturday and the arrival time for the white fur was around the same time. Not gonna work.
So I cracked out the Bengal Tiger suit in 6 hours. The only things that needs to be done to it are: attach elastic to the shoe covers and hem the sleeves and legs. So at this point it's wearable. Is it any wonder that I am exhausted today?
You learn something new everyday. I never really thought about how I get after finishing a project. I think back to when I worked in the costume shop at ISU and there was always a day or more after a show going up where we had time to recuperate, and if we didn't have that time we were running on fumes. Weird how I never thought about it before now. Even in summer stock, there was always a day or half day to recuperate.
I think it is great that you can create things like that. I wish I could do that myself because I would love to make my own clothes.
ReplyDeleteThis is great! Can't wait to see the finished product in the parade!
ReplyDeleteActually, it never appeared in the parade because the person renting it never picked it up.
ReplyDelete