So I am learning very slowly that if you don't give yourself a deadline-nothing ever gets done. You adopt the attitude of "oh, I'll finish it later." After my rant about my job, I decided to make things for myself and merely use the store as a place to sell my stuff. I can't wait around for them to give me projects to do. That is what lead up to my outburst. The worst of it being their unwillingness to pay me. (By the way, I still haven't been paid for the work I did on the Marie Antoinette gown.) I'm not being greedy, they can pay me over time. It would be great if they paid me with one big lump sum. It would go directly on to my credit card. I am accumulating a lot of debt through this escapade. My jewelry supplies and all the fabric I've bought is adding up fast and I'm not making it back hardly at all. I've sold two pieces of jewelry. That's it. I can only hope that the fairy costumes I am making will sell. My first one is a little plain. It needs something. But I also want it to be wearable outside of Halloween, and I'm afraid if I add some glitter and bling, all it will be is a costume.
What I really need to do is map out a timeline to get everything done. If I want these costumes to sell for Halloween, I need them to be done before October. If I dilly dally for much longer I will run out of time to do anything.
Time to get organized. Calendar here I come...
No comments:
Post a Comment